End User Computing Technical Advisor Senior
- Starting date
- Montréal (Télétravail/ Covid)
The End User Computing Technical Advisor Senior is responsible for assessment, testing, and technical documentation for the Collaborative services of the Enterprise, including; Windows 10,Windows Server 2019, VDI and PC/Thin Client platforms.
Responsibility for evaluating the current state of Enterprise End User Computing (EUC) services and suggest potential improvements that respond to business and technical needs.
Participate in projects that require EUC services.
Support the day to day activities related to the EUCS department specifically as related to VDI services
- Minimum of 3-5 years industry experience
- Windows 10 expertise: 3 years
- Good understanding of endpoint management solutions concepts.
- Proficiency in PowerShell, automation, and optimization of client computing environments.
- Good attention to detail is a must
- Compliance policy, patch management, GPO. Will be required to implement solutions and get them authorized by security and risk teams.
- Working in large and complex IT environments
- Experience in server management is desirable. The candidate should have understand the basics of Windows server OS and VMWare.
- Experience in helpdesk operations
- Technical environment : Citrix virtualization (XenApp/Xendesktop); Storefront, Netscaler, Provisioning services, VDA, DDC, Citrix Profile management, Xenserver; Windows server 2019; VMware vSphere; Autopilot, Defender ATP; Scripting, PowerShell; Office 365; GPO / AD
- Be comfortable in a highly dynamic team structure with fluid governance.
- Ability to work independently at a senior level
- Experience working in large organizations, ability to follow complex design, compliance and support processes
- Enthusiasm for new technology
- Proven track record on undertaking major initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills
- Operates with integrity when dealing with coworkers and management
- Demonstrates enthusiasm about his/her work
- Is empathic in his/her dealings with teammates
- Demonstrates competence in area of expertise
- Is cool under pressure
- Ability to solve problems
- Experience with devices, hardware, drivers and desktop Operating Systems
- Managing Microsoft Office 365 client
- Strong MS Office skills in using and developing documents, technical diagrams, spreadsheets, and presentations are required
- Data networking basics (TCP/IP, routing & switching, etc.)
- Working with different teams such as the asset management / license management, to provide requirements and integrate UEC solutions with other tools such as the CMDB
- Responsible for 2nd and 3rd level support for the VDI environment as well as assist as required on Support for Major incidents.
- Responsible for updating and testing of Windows Images in the VDI environment (patching, software etc..) on a regular basis based on departmental needs
- Implement changes into production for the VDI multi Site environment
- Responsible for updating GPO’s
- Participate in the technical implementation and transfer to production.
- Work in a self-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Communicate effectively in writing and in person,
- Collaborate effectively with diverse teams to produce quality results.
- Recognize and adapt to frequent changes in priority and direction as business needs change.
- Assist with RFQs, RFPs and BOMs when needed
- Evaluate new Software Requests for the VDI environment