Business Intelligence (BI) Solution Architect
- Permanent or contract
- Date de début
Elaborate and implement BI and Data Warehousing strategy, architecture and solutions to support informational business requirements. Oversee and participate to the evolution and integration of the different data models while ensuring the alignment with the enterprise conceptual data model, including the acquisition, transformation, flow-through, storage and publishing of data. Work with the BI team to identify potential data sources and complex transformation rules. Provide guidelines, establish best practices and oversee the deliverables of other BI team members.
- Undergraduate Degree.
- Minimum 3 years as BI architect, including the data model design of a SQL Server Data Warehouse environment.
- Solid expertise of BI/Data Warehousing end to end.
- Experience with relational and dimensional modeling techniques.
- Experience with the Microsoft BI stack (on-premises and cloud).
- Effective communication, writing and planning skills and ability to explain abstract concepts to non-technical persons.
- Ability to understand business needs and translate these into technical solutions of “right fit” and “right size”.
- Knowledge of the following would be an asset: Solution Delivery methodologies (Agile BI), SOA concepts, ESB, JIRA.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously and to manage deadlines.
- English spoken and written.
- French spoken and read.
- Elaborate the BI short and long-term architecture for all components of the BI/Data Warehouse environments.
- Transform the business requirements into BI solutions.
- Oversee the development of the conceptual, logical and physical data models, ETL scripts, metadata definitions, work processes, and maintenance procedures.
- Design and oversee the development of the BI components including the presentation layer.
- Support other IT teams involved in the elaboration of IT solutions that include informational business requirements; communicate and explain the solution; gain consensus; actively support the delivery of such solutions and ensure solutions are delivered as designed and architected.
- Research emerging technology to develop BI solutions and define BI principles and guidelines in alignment with the enterprise-wide orientation and vision.
- Ensure standards and security compliance.
- Refine and validate project scope and objectives for assigned projects.
- Provide expert assistance in solving complex technical problems.
- Provide professional technical leadership and consulting across the organization, from strategic decision-making to the project planning level.
- Conduct risk and gap analysis.